About the Center
Visit our center on U Street, in Northwest DC for workshops, yoga, cooking classes, lectures, and more!
Smith Center is located at 1632 U Street NW, between 16th and 17th Streets, across the street from the DC Fire and EMS station. The space was originally the art studio of our Founder, Barbara Smith Coleman.
We have recently undergone a major renovation in order to offer more programs. See the video below for a quick tour of our new space!
Please visit us in our newly expanded center on U Street featuring:
- Increased Gallery space for formal exhibits and programs,
- A large multi-purpose room for programs and workshops,
- A state-of-the-art teaching kitchen for healthy cooking classes and demonstrations,
- A courtyard for quiet contemplation and expanded sculpture gallery
- A meditation and study space, and
- A reconfiguration of the upstairs office space.
This expansion was made possible through the generocity of supporters in our Capital Campaign. Learn about our expansion and Capital Campaign