Weeklong residential retreats for adults seeking physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual healing in the face of cancer.
Our goal is to help participants make life-affirming changes by providing empowering tools and knowledge in a safe and caring community of others facing a cancer diagnosis.
"I attended the weeklong retreat... and found it to be one of the best, if not the very best, week of my life... If ever my mind, body, and spirit were in harmony, it was that week."
The retreat is a place to explore the issues and choices that people with life-threatening illness encounter. We aim to provide a comfortable environment and experiential healing options paired with the highest quality small-group support program.
Cancer Retreats are a non-medical, educational, hands-on experience for patients and sometimes their primary caregivers. They are not a cancer therapy or treatment program.
Experience the healing power integrative and complementary therapies, group support, yoga, meditation, imagery and other relaxation techniques, gourmet whole foods meals, expressive arts, therapeutic massage, and individual time in a peaceful, rural setting just outside Washington DC. See detailed schedule below.
Residential retreats offer:
- An intimate setting with skilled professional staff (one-to-one participant to staff ratio)
- A respite from the stresses of daily life with a cancer diagnosis
- An opportunity to explore your unique choices in healing
- A nurturing environment for mind, body, and spirit
- Skills and tools for your continuing journey
- Community and the unique support of people who are going through a similar experience
Retreat schedule includes:
- Gentle morning yoga
- Training in meditation
- Delicious, whole foods, health-supportive meals
- Daily group sessions with a licensed psychotherapist to provide opportunities for self-exploration
- One-on-one meetings with staff
- Creativity sessions and sand tray
- Individual time for rest, nature walks, reading
- Three professional massages throughout the week
- Group session with staff, focusing on both practical and profound choices in healing, pain management, death and dying, expressive writing, nutrition, and more.
Learn more about what goes on at a retreat, location and schedule, our experienced staff, cost and financial support, and the application process.