Please consider giving a fully tax-deductible gift to Smith Center for Healing and the Arts. Your donation makes it possible for us to offer life-enhancing programs and support for those affected by cancer.
Smith Center for Healing and the Arts is grateful for the generous support which enables our unique and important programs to continue. Last year alone, we touched the lives of over 10,000 people through our Cancer Help Retreat Program, Patient Navigation Services, Hospital Artist-in-Residence Program, Joan Hisaoka Healing Arts Gallery, and Classes held at our U Street Center.
- Individual donations. Gifts to Smith Center for Healing and the Arts may be made securely online through our one-time giving form or monthly/recurring giving form. Gifts can be designated to honor or remember a loved one by selecting "In Memory /In Honor of Gifts." Individuals can also make Gifts of Stock.
If you are paying by check, please make checks payable to “Smith Center for Healing and the Arts” and mail to 1632 U Street, NW, Washington, DC 20009. Submitting this form is not necessary.
- Matching Gifts. If you are considering making a donation to Smith Center, we encourage you to ask your employer if they participate in a Matching Gifts program to double your donation.
- Legacy Giving. Remembering Smith Center in your estate planning is an incredible way to make a difference for the future. Learn about planned giving opportunities.
- Corporate Sponsorships. An array of benefits is available with to companies who support our work. View sponsorship levels and benefits.
- Support us through your company's United Way/Combined Federal Campaign. Check with your employer for details on how to give through payroll deduction and designate Smith Center, CFC #90535 | United Way #8348 | United Way (CVC) #8232 .
Please contact us at 202.483.8600 or email@example.com to learn more about charitable giving or for information about making a donation of stocks, real estate, bequest, or other tax advantage gifts.
Examples of what your gift will provide:
- $25 - 1 yoga scholarship for 1 month
- $50 - Supplies for one writing workshop for 10 participants
- $75 - Food and supplies for a diet and nutrition cooking class
- $100 - 1 half-day of work for an Artist-in-Residence at a local hospital
- $200 - Art supplies for one Creativity & Healing workshop for 10 participants
- $500 - 2 facilitators for a Cancer Help Program daylong retreat for 15 people
- $1,000 - Stipend for two cancer navigators in Southeast, DC for 1 month
- $2,500 - Scholarship for a cancer survivor to attend our weeklong residential retreat
“What a pleasure to write and draw and reflect... Thanks for all the great work you do for so many.”
“…(the writing workshop) provided a break from my illness and gave me positive thoughts to get well.”
“I think what is good about Smith Center is that you come just as you are and they work with you as best they can to bring you to a state of wholeness.”